Monday, September 15, 2008

A Hello Strangers and Lettuce Wraps!


Hello all. I have been MIA for a while now. My photography has kind of taken over again and I haven't had time to break out the camera for food. But I have a lovely lens that I rented and I wanted to use it before I sent it back.

I got the recipe from Whole Foods. The only difference was that I used romaine lettuce. The sauces I used were peanut sauce, Hoisin sauce and sesame ginger.
YUMMY!

Serves 4
Surround your serving platter with plenty of whole lettuce leaves. Your guests will wrap each leaf with their choice of fillings, then dip in the sweet and spicy Hoisin sauce.
Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive, peanut or sesame oil 1 pound ground turkey or chicken 2 tablespoons minced garlic 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger 2/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce Vegetables for filling: grated carrots, mung bean sprouts,julienned cucumber Boston lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried Hoisin Sauce
Method
Heat oil in a large skillet and brown ground turkey. Add garlic and ginger and saute briefly. Add teriyaki sauce and simmer for 10 minutes while preparing vegetables. Place filling and vegetables in center of a large platter, then surround with lettuce leaves. Serve with Hoisin sauce for dipping.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Matt *loves* lettuce wraps! I'll have to try these.