Thursday, December 12, 2013

Another Spiralizer Recipe: Sweet Potato Hashbrowns w/ a Plethora of Goodness


This is way easier than it looks. You can also make your own variation of this if you like. I used what I had on hand today and what I was craving. :)

Ingredients in this meal

Coconut oil
Small peeled and spiralized sweet potato
2 T finely diced red onion (you can use more, I never like a ton)
1/4 C diced smoked sausage of your choice (I had some left over from another meal)
Handful of spinach
Green onions (I had some growing like crazy in my kitchen, had to use them)
1 egg
2 finely diced radishes
pinch of salt (the sausage adds the flavor, you don't need a lot)
Freshly ground pepper
Red pepper flakes
Nutritional yeast (adds a cheesy flavor without the cheese)

Side of cherry tomatoes and 1/4 of a large avocado

I used a large pan and was able to cook my sausage, sweet potatoes and green onions separately in one pan. Melt about a teaspoon (or more) of coconut oil in a pan and heat over medium heat. Once heated, add the sweet potatoes and red onions in one portion of the pan (feel free to sprinkle in cayenne, garlic or whatever you like). When sweet potatoes start to get happy, add the diced sausage to the other part of the pan. Turn the potatoes and cook to your desired constancy as well as the sausage (I like mine a little crunchy). Turn down the heat and add the green onion strips. In another pan you can start heating the coconut oil to fry your egg. Remove sweet potatoes and place on plate. Immediately add your handful of spinach to the top of the sweet potatoes (you want them hot to slightly wilt the spinach). Top the spinach with the sausage. Top the sausage with the fried egg. Top the fried egg with the green onions and radishes. Top those with s&p, red pepper flakes and nutritional yeast. See a theme my friends? :)
Like I said, I enjoyed mine with a side of cherry tomatoes, a little avocado and some hot tea.
Enjoy!

XOXO
Kandice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum.