It was amazing, and the kids (we had an extra child for the week who piled her goodies on!) loved it.
The Topping choices were:
smoked diced mozzarella
maple roasted butternut squash
My version was sauce, both cheeses, tomatoes, spinach, squash, mushrooms, onions and bacon. It was seriously the best pizza I have ever put into my mouth. YUM!
Garbanzo Pizza Crust
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or grill like we do!)
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Cover with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes (or grill!)
The Kids' Pizzas!!