Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Annual Valentine's Day Brownies

My mom made a simple yet yummy cake every year for us on Valentine's Day.
When she passed away 3 years ago, I decided to keep the tradition alive for my family. Why the heck not, right?

It is so simple and soooooo very good. Mom always made it in a heart shaped pan, but this year I decided to layer it and switch it up some.

  • Make brownies...your choice. I used box mix, but if you feel adventurous by all means..make your own!
  • Top with a can of cream cheese frosting (or make your own ya over achievers! hehe).
  • Now plop a can of cherry pie filling (jeesh, you aren't going to make your own cherry pie filling now are you?)

Now I switched it up this year because I am wild and crazy like that. I made the brownies in a larger than normal pan, cut them in half...and layered. I also warmed up the frosting so it would would make more of a yummy glaze....and only used a half a can as a result (healthier, right?).

Seriously, make it. It will make you smile.

Have V-Day weekend.

2 comments:

Elementary Counselor said...

This looks AMAZING!

Honeyed Hashette said...

WOW! Love cherries. Love cream cheese. Love brownies. sigh....