Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Zucchini Pasta with Just About Everything




I know. Not the most creative title, but I felt like I couldn't name it Zucchini/Carrot/Sweet Potato/Squash Pasta w/Pesto, Tomatoes, Edamame, Baby Kale, Toasted Pine Nuts and Pumpkin Seeds, right?

I am completely smitten with my spiralizer. My poor family has had to endure more than their share of sliced, curly and spaghetti shaped veggies and fruits (though they have not complained!). I got mine here.

So, here is the unrecipe (since I don't measure much unless I have to!).


Zucchini Pasta with Just About Everything
 
1 Zucchini (Spiralized)
1 Yellow Squash (Spiralized)
1 Sweet Potato (Spiralized)
1 Carrot (Spiralized)
1/4 to 1/2 Pesto (homemade or store bought)
1/2 C Edamame (I sautéed them in a vinaigrette for a few minutes) 
1/2 C Halved Cherry Tomatoes
A handful of baby kale slightly torn (or spinach)
A handful of pumpkin seeds
A handful of toasted pine nuts
A pinch of red pepper flakes (use more or less to taste)
A pinch of salt
A pinch of nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor
 
 
This can obviously be customized. You can add chickpeas, avocado, mushrooms....pretty much any of your fave things!
 
Enjoy!
 
XOXO
 
 
 
 


No comments: