Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mini Pot Pies-Inspiration from Kiwi Magazine



I am not a fan of the pot pie...but when I saw these in Kiwi Magazine I thought I would give them a try. I had bags of frozen veggies and a rotisserie chicken that needed to be used, so I changed up the recipe.


1 cup cut up cooked chicken


1 cup frozen mixed veggies


1/2 cup frozen onion


1 cup chicken broth (I used a low sodium organic one)


3t cornstarch


12 wonton wrappers


grated parmesan cheese


salt and pepper to taste


a little olive oil



preheat oven to 350.


Drizzle olive oil in a pan and throw in frozen veggies/onions and stir. Add chicken after a few minutes. In a small bowl whisk chicken broth and corn starch until well blended. Add broth mixture to pan and stir. After a few minutes the broth will thicken. In a cupcake pan, place the 12 wontons in the 12 holes. Scoop in chicken/veggie mixture and then top with parmesan cheese. Bring up edges of wonton and twist/pinch to seal. Brush the wontons with olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.












No comments: