Thursday, March 6, 2008

Asian Nachos with Wasabi Cream Cabbage (Plus a Side of Jasmine Rice)



We had left over wontons from this . So we decided to try an Asian Nacho for the grown ups. The kids used the same topping as filling in gyoza (they dipped them in a sesame ginger dressing).

But for us adults:

Preheat over to 350
Cut wontons into triangles and fry (I used peanut oil simply because Paula Dean uses it. Haha. ) until golden. Drain and set aside on a cookie sheet.
In a large bowl combine 1 pound ground pork
2T Soy Sauce (I use low sodium)
2T ginger (I used the ginger in a tube, didn't have fresh on hand)
2 stalks of celery and 2 carrots finely chopped by hand or in food processor
3 chopped chives
And for the grownups...a good helping of crushed red pepper flakes. Yum.

Once combined cook in large skillet until done.
Drain pork mixture and top each wonton chip with a good helping.
Top lightly with mozzarella or any white cheese and bake for about 8 minutes until cheese is lightly melted.

In a small bowl combine a cup of shredded cabbage (or slaw mix) with:
2T mayo
3T sour cream (I use fat free)
1T wasabi paste (adjust to taste)

Top each nacho with wasabi cabbage and enjoy!





(I just used a fast cook jasmine mix topped with soy sauce).

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Kandi,
These nachos look incredible! I have got to try them soon!

Kandice said...

Jenny,
Please try! You can have fun and mix it up. Just the idea of them is fun.

Let me know what you think when you try!

J said...

Yummy. Looks delish!
I'm doing my first meal tonight. I'm super excited.