Saturday, March 1, 2008

Avocado, How I Love Thee

Other than my husband and a few other things *coughandygarciacoughtomwellingcoughgaryoldmancough*, few things make me swoon....but the avocado is flawless.
It can hold it's own with spice but yet mingle with the sweet.

As I type this I am eating a left over potato/pepper blend I made last night (onion, red potatoes, sweet bell pepper, jalapenos, serrano pepper, garlic and spices all sauteed in oil) mixed with egg. A hot spicy dish but quickly cooled by a diced avocado. Drool.

The other half of my avocado this morning was given to my 3 year old daughter: diced and in avocado's own skin (we call it her avocado bowl). I think my love for avocados has been passed down.

I could go on and on, but I think you get my love for the buttery fruit.

And, here are some interesting facts about my dear avocado:
http://www.avocado.org/about/fun_facts.php

No comments: